President William Ruto on Tuesday, September 27, assigned clear roles to his deputy Rigathi Gachagua while unveiling his cabinet at State House.
The Head of State announced that he would sign an Executive order to ensure the roles of Gachagua are captured.
Here are the seven roles assigned to Gachagua by President Ruto;
1. Deputize for the President in execution of the President’s functions.
2. Chair Cabinet Committees.
3. Oversee Implementation of Cabinet decisions across all Ministries and State Departments.
4. Coordinate Inter-Governmental relations between the National Government and County Governments including Chairing the Inter-Governmental Budget and Economic Council (IBEC).
5. Liaison with Constitutional Commissions and Independent Offices in matters that require intervention by the National Government including budgets, policy formulation, and implementation of their recommendations.
6. Coordinate the planning and supervise the implementation of development partners funded programs and projects.
7. Oversee Public Sector Reforms, and any other function as may be assigned by the President.