Kenyan-born lawyer Miguna Miguna has asked President William Ruto’s loyalists who did not make it to the new Cabinet to focus on the rule of law and democracy.
In a tweet on Wednesday, September 28, Miguna said that they did not have to be in the cabinet to pursue their dreams and commitments for the public good.
“To those who wanted to be appointed but were left out, remember that you don't have to be in cabinet, in the executive arm of government, or in government at all, to pursue your dreams and commitments for the public good. Focus on the rule of law, democracy and freedom,” Miguna stated.
The Canadian-based lawyer further congratulated the new Cabinet nominated by the President saying that it is a refreshing team.
Miguna reminded the new Cabinet that Kenyans deserved services, employment, healthcare, education, among other things.
“Congratulations to the men and women President William Ruto has nominated to the Cabinet. It's refreshing team. Let's remind them that Kenyans need and DESERVE services, employment, food, housing, healthcare, education and an end to abuse of power and extrajudicial killings.
President Ruto on Tuesday, September 27, appointed the following to the Cabinet:
1. Ministry of Interior - Prof. Abraham Kithure Kindiki
2. Ministry of National Treasury - Njuguna Ndung'u
3. Ministry of Public Service and Gender - Aisha Jumwa
4. Ministry of Defence - Aden Duale
5. Ministry of Water - Alice Wahome
6. Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Dr. Alfred Mutua
7. Ministry of Trade - Moses Kuria
8. Ministry of East Africa Community - Rebecca Miano
9. Ministry Roads and Public Works - Kipchumba Murkomen
10. Ministry of Environment - Soipan Tuya
11. Ministry of Lands - Zachariah Mwangi Njeru
12. Ministry of Tourism - Peninah Malonza
13. Ministry of Agriculture - Mithika Linturi
14. Ministry of Health - Susan Wafula
15. Ministry of ICT - Eliud Owalo
16. Ministry of Education - Ezekiel Machogu
17. Ministry of Energy - Davis Chirchir
18. Ministry of Sports - Ababu Namwamba
19. Ministry of Cooperatives - Simon Chelugui
20. Ministry of Mining - Salim Mvurya
21. Ministry of Labour - Florence Bore
Cabinet Level Portfolios;
Attorney General - Justin Muturi
National Security adviser - Monica Juma
Secretary to the cabinet - Mercy Wanjau
Women Rights Agency Advisor - Harriet Chiggai.