President Uhuru Kenyatta will issue Charters to eight universities, half of them public and the rest private institutions.
The Head of State arrived in Kakamega County on Tuesday, August 2, where he will issue the charter to some of the universities in the region.
The four public universities that will receive charters include;
1. Kaimosi Friends University (Vihiga County)
2. Alupe University (Busia County),
3. Tom Mboya University (Homa Bay County)
4. Tharaka University (Tharaka Nithi County)
The four private universities that will receive charters include;
1. Lukenya University (Makueni County)
2. Zetech University (Kiambu County)
3. Kiriri Women's University of Science & Technology (Nairobi County)
4. East African University (Kajiado County).
President Kenyatta, who is on a 3-day working tour of Nyanza and Western Kenya, will visit Nzoia Sugar Company in Bungoma County to assess the progress of the ongoing rehabilitation of the state-owned sugar miller and meet sugarcane farmers.