The Nairobi City Water and Sewerage Company (NCWSC) has announced planned water shortages for Nairobi residents and its environs.
In a statement on Monday, December 20, the partial water shortage for two days starting on Tuesday, December 21, from 6 am. to 6 pm on Wednesday, December 22.
The shutdown is to pave the way for the works on the Ngethu water treatment plant by facilitating the interconnection of the new Kiambu-Embakasi pipeline to the Ngethu Gigiri transmission pipeline at Kiambu reservoir.
It will connect Embakasi, Mihango, Utawala and Ruai areas to the Northern Collector Water project once completed in June 2022.
List of Areas To Be Affected in Nairobi and its Environs:
- The whole of the city centre, University of Nairobi main campus, Coca-cola factory, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, EPZ-Athi River and Mlolongo area.
- Areas along the outer-ring road including; Baba Dogo, Dandora, Dandora KCC factory, Umoja Estate 1 and 2, Donholm, Fedha, Tassia, Avenue Park and Nyayo Embakasi.
- Areas along Mombasa road include South B, South C, and the neighbourhoods, including Embakasi Area.
- Areas along Kagundo road such as; Ruai, Kayole, Komarock estate, Mwiki and Njiru.
- Areas along with Thika road; Kenya Breweries, Kenyatta University, Kahawa Barracks, Kasarani, Mwiki, Kahawa Sukari, Garden Estate and Thome Estate.
- Areas along Limuru road: Parklands, Ngara area, Aga Khan Hospital, University of Nairobi - School of Law and City Park Area, Gigiri, United Nation- Gigiri and Muthaiga.
- Areas along Naivasha road and Kikuyu Road, Kawangware, Riruta/Satellite, Uthiru and Ndwaru Road.
- Areas along James Gichuru Road, Langata Road and Waiyaka way, Riverside, Westlands, Lavington, Kilimani and Kileleshwa.
- Areas along Lang'ata Road: Madaraka, Lang'ata and Kibra.
The public has been further urged to use the water sparingly during the slated period.